Are you ready to move beyond Salesforce administration to unlock even
greater capabilities through declarative programming? Master Salesforce’s suite
of click-not-code options for developing valuable apps and functionality over
five days of guided scenarios, lectures, and discussion. Build your knowledge of
app deployment, automation tools, security, UI customization, and more!
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Declarative Development for Platform App Builders is ideal for administrators,
system integrators, and independent software vendors (ISVs) with an interest
in honing their app development, deployment, and advanced Salesforce
WHEN YOU COMPLETE THIS COURSE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
• Design and manage the correct data model based on business requirements.
• Configure application security.
• Define business logic and process automation declaratively.
• Design user interfaces.
• Customize applications for mobile use and Lightning.
• Deploy applications.
Building Your Data Model Declaratively
• Capabilities of Core CRM Objects
• Boundaries of Declarative Customizations
• Use Cases for Programmatic Customizations
• Determining an Appropriate Data Model
• Relationship Types and Impact on Record Access,
User Interface, and Reporting
• Considerations for Changing Field Types
• Considerations of the Schema Builder
• Considerations for Importing and Exporting Data
• Use Cases of External Objects
Crafting Your User Interface
• Customization Options
• Custom Buttons, Links, and Actions
• List Views
• Record Types
• Social Features
• UI Design Best Practices
Constructing Business Logic
• Formula Fields
• Roll-up Summary Fields
• Validation Rules
Maintaining Record and Data Security
• Restricting and Extending Object, Record,
and Field Access
• Determining Appropriate Sharing Solutions
Automating Business Processes
• Lightning Process Builder
• Workflows and Approvals
• Automating Business Processes
• Ramifications of Field Updates and Potential
Deploying Your App
• Application Lifecycle
• Change Sets
• Unmanaged and Managed Packages
• Determining an Appropriate Deployment Plan
Designing Advanced User Interface Components
• Creating Reports
• Report Types
• Declarative Options for Incorporating Lightning
• Declarative Customizations Available for the
Salesforce1 User Interface
Deciding When Declarative Isn’t Enough
• Limits of Declarative Tools
• Programmatic Use-cases
• AppExchange Apps