Integrating with Force.com covers the key elements of how to design and
implement all types of integrations with the Force.com platform. The
course introduces the major integration mechanisms available on the
Force. com platform, such as the APIs and the built-in declarative
functionalities. Participants explore the technologies that play critical roles in
integrating with the platform, including the Force.com SOAP and REST APIs,
Apex, the Streaming API, and outbound messaging. Cutting-edge integrations,
such as integrating with Amazon’s Alexa, Facebook’s Messenger platform, and
Heroku are also covered.
Note: To get the most out of this course, you should be comfortable reading
and writing object-oriented code.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Integrating with Force.com is ideal for customer developers, system integrators,
architects, and independent software vendors (ISVs) new to the platform
who want to learn how to design and build integrations with Force.com cloud
WHEN YOU COMPLETE THIS COURSE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
• Identify various integration techniques.
• Develop methods for integrating with Force.com.
• Identify the advantages of various integration techniques.
• Integrate with Force.com web services.
• Build custom web services.
• Integrate with the Streaming and Bulk APIs.
• Use Salesforce Connect and Heroku Connect to implement
• Implement single sign-on, social sign-on, and social customer service.
• Embed external applications into the Salesforce user interface using
• Assessing Your Architectural Landscape
• Evaluating business problems from an integration perspective
• An introduction to working with the Salesforce APIs
• Force.com security
Salesforce Identity and Single Sign-on
• Introduction to Salesforce Identity and Single Sign-on
• Single Sign-on using SAML
• Single Sign-on Delegated Authentication
• Social Sign-on
Working with Salesforce Data
• sObjects and relationships
Force.com SOAP API
• The Architecture
• Working with the SOAP API
• Working with the partner WSDL
• Debugging and testing
• JSON Basics
• JSON and Java
• JSON and C#
Force.com REST APIs
• An introduction to the Salesforce REST APIs
• The REST API
• The Chatter REST API
Integrating with Amazon Alexa and Facebook Messenger
• Integrating Force.com with Amazon Alexa
• Salesforce Bot for Facebook Messenger
Force.com Bulk API
• An overview of the Bulk API
• Using the Bulk API to modify data
• Querying with the Bulk API
Force.com Streaming API
• The architecture
• Working with the PushTopic Streaming API
• Understanding Message Durability
• Working with the Generic Streaming API
• Key Streaming API facts
Declarative Integration Features
• Outbound messaging
• Salesforce Connect
• Salesforce to Salesforce
• Social Customer Service
Integrating Using Heroku Connect
• Integrating with an RDBMS
Using the Apex Data Loader as an Integration Client
• Data Loader overview
• Including Data Loader in architecture
Apex and Integration
• Introduction to Apex
• Custom Apex web services
• Apex callouts
• Email services
Embedding Web Pages and Applications within Salesforce
• Designing for Salesforce and the Salesforce1 mobile
• Mashups and Visualforce
• Force.com Canvas
Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
• Computer Telephony Integration
• Architecting a solution